Tuesday, February 16, 2010

biggest loser

well we have started the biggest loser challenge at work. i'm hoping that this is the kick in the pants i need to get myself in better shape. i weighed myself and my starting weight is 251.00 lbs. when did that happen? i could blame it on carrying three babies but really my youngest is 4. i could blame it on stress but i have lived my whole life with stress. it comes down to poor eating and not moving. yikes!

well starting today in this public forum, i'm gonna make some changes. i'm not going to fool myself into thinking that i can cut all the good stuff out. i'll still be eating my chocolate and drinking my coke. i'm just going to have to consume it in moderation.

my plan:
drink 6-8 glasses of water each day
exercise 4 or more days each week
cut down on fried foods(this is gonna be hard cause i work in a restraunt with yummy french fries, chicken fingers, and delicious onion rings)
tell myself that i can and believe it
accept that there will be times when i make mistakes and not let that allow me to give up
love myself every day

so here goes. i'll take you on this journey with me. today i am planning on working out here at home. kids are home on a snow day and the y kidzone closes at noon. i have some workout dvds here. i'm also gonna committ to doing at least 20 crunches between shows or olympic events. well, we will see how it goes. wish me luck. willing to hear any advice but please understand that i may not take your advice if it is not something that i can committ to. thanks friends!

1 comment:

Karsyn524 said...

You can do it!! I look forward to hearing about your journey. Man I am fasting today for the beginning of lent and it is killing me. LOL

Eating right is a challenge at times but I figure if you eat 3 good meals then you are entitled to some fun snacks! I made choc chip cookies the other day and put a 1/4 cup whole wheat flour and told myself well atleast they are a little good for me haha!!